Monday, April 28, 2008

Abused Animals Need Everyone's Help

I wrote a letter to Perez Hilton. No, it was not about a celebrity I saw in SOHO or a product I'm pitching at work. It was about Pugs 'N Pals and the devastating story that I just read on their blog.

Why Perez Hilton? Well, I know he's an animal lover and a dog owner himself. When Oprah did the special on Puppy Mills, millions of people found out about this horrible situation because of her massive audience. Perez Hilton gets 3 million hits per day. If 3 MILLION people could read this story and be inspired and as touched as I am, I think we might be on to something.

Out of Chachi's devastation, something good must come. Below is my letter to Perez. I am donating to Pugs 'N Pals in Chachi's name and I think that everyone who reads his story should try to help out. If not with financial donation, with the reposting of his story or the posting of any dog rescue, adoption organizations or center you support.

Chachi's story is HERE
Pugs 'N Pals Website is HERE
Perez Hilton site is HERE


-Letter to Perez-

Perez- Being a huge fan of your site for a couple years now and being involved in the world of marketing, advertising and public relations I am completely aware of the massive influence you have and potentially hold over your audience. I have never emailed you before, but as I sit in my New York City apartment crying my eyes out, I have been trying to think of what can be done out of one particular situation I have just learned of and what could help prevent potentially hundreds of more similar situations. And what can be done, can be done with your help.

Pugs 'N Pals is a truly amazing organization, based out of Southern California. They rescue dogs (not just pugs) from around the country that have been abused, neglected or ignored and find loving homes for them. I do not know much about the organization, but from owning two pugs and being a dog lover for all of my life, I have developed a natural love for Pugs 'N Pals. From stories I have heard to blog posts I have read, Pugs N' Pals is eminent in the world of dog rescuers. When I was living in San Diego I first heard about the organization, but from living in New York I have heard people talk about them out here as well. In my opinion, this organization deserves so much more respect. Respect through awareness and public discussion.

This is the current situation I just read about from the Pugs 'N Pals blog: http://pugsnpals.blogspot.com/2008/03/chachis-story-we-care-and-you-do-matter.html

Please, read that post. Chachi's story must be spoken about. I can't even fathom how anyone could treat any animal like how the owners of Chachi treated him...but, this IS reality and I think that every animal lover and potential animal lover should become aware of what is happening to innocent animals living in our country, in our state. Please help, Perez. You have potentially the greatest influence in this country and we must all work together to stop these terrible things.


Thank you,
Alana Mann
mann.alana@gmail.com
pugnyc.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We all need to get together and stop this from happening. Louie's brother Joey was abused after he was adopted but luckily Justin Animal Shelter took him back. His forever master brought him back covered in fleas and poopies. They said he smelt of alcohol. They then found him a wonderful home. Now he is known as Hero and he has a wonderful home. Louie also was adopted but was returned after his new owners figured out that he was deaf. That was a God send for us though since he now has a loving home with me, mom and dad..


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Clover said...

Oh man, thanks for sharing this with us. Unbelieveable... I cannot believe the horrors that go on every day, and the people that commit them. I had a cry at work while I read Chachis' story. I will try to post about this too.
Jess

Anonymous said...

Oh wow.. that is sick.
That poor little sweetie. I am so glad you wrote about it and brought to peoples attention. I sincerely hope the owner is charged.
Gus was bought back from the owners by the breeders for being unmanageable. We bought him from the breeders (at a lower price) at 7 months. He was literally attached to me for the first 3 months we had him. He cowered if you raised your voice (at him or not), belly crawled in the most submissive pose ever if he thought your raised hand would smack him, and pee'd all over the floor the first time I ever got mad at him (thats when I realized how scared he was I would hurt him). They have such loving and caring personalities. Why would and how could someone do something like that?? It makes me sick.

Too Cute Pugs said...

Horrifying. I don't understand why some people keep animals. It is sick.

We adopted a 5 year old male pug a few years ago. He came from a breeders but the breeder didn't want him anymore. Poor little guy had lived in a cage his whole life. He had no idea what to do in the house. He was such a sweetie but very ill. We took him to the vet's the first day we had him to get him checked out and he had 3 kinds of worms and cancer. He died within 3 weeks.

It just breaks my heart how people use and abuse animals. But then sadly, I guess humans do it to other humans too.

Thanks for the post.